Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stay inspired!

I made a rash decision to paint this wall one afternoon about a month or two ago with no real clue as to what I wanted to do with it, at this time I had heard that Askew was in a bit of a tricky situation and wasn't at 100% health so i decided to use his name, just as a sign of respect and maybe as a little something to lift his spirits. But now that I had used his name, this piece had to be some top notch art work! This is the reason I hadn't posted it yet because I wasn't happy with how it had turned out, after about a week of painting in my spare time between other jobs and around 35 dead cans later I called it finished but I still wasn't happy with it. I'm not usually one to follow a trend but I decided to drop a multi colour outline on this piece, seems to be what alota people are doing these days and it looked fun! Overall this was just a fun experimental piece to play around with and learn some things but in saying that its also to show some appreciation to Askew One who has played a HUGE part in the world wide graffiti culture but also in keeping me inspired to push the limits! Keeping the NZ graff spirit alive. The Most Dedicated!!




No comments:

Post a Comment